Ladies and gentleman the star of the show has arrived! When on a diet there is nothing worse than craving a gooey, chocolate filled, warm cookie. Fret no more, for we have its way better looking healthier sister. Enter this dream of a cookie. Gluten free, KETO friendly and oh so delicious. Most items on this list can be found at your local Whole Foods, Amazon, Trader Joe’s, or any similar health store. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch * See notes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a large tray with parchment paper or prepare a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients; flour, arrowroot & baking powder. Mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan over the stove, combine your coconut oil and syrup, and heat until melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the syrup/coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture, along with the vanilla extract and coconut milk, and mix very well. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Form 16 small balls with the cookie dough. Place each ball on the lined tray and press each one lightly, into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- If your cookie dough batter is crumbly, slowly add a little bit of extra milk of choice.
2. Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies can keep at room temperature, in a sealed container. They will keep for up to 5 days.
3. Cookies can be kept refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks and are freezer friendly for up to 6 months.
Well, that is all for today! Don’t forget to let us know in the comments if you tried this recipe. Thank you for joining this little family and helping us grow. We couldn’t do it without you. If you want to buy this caffeine addicted pear a cup of Ko-Fi , we would truly appreciate it. See you tomorrow!